Regarding the issue in of Baahubali 2 release in Karnataka, director SS Rajamouli issued a video statement wherein he clarified that Sathyaraj’s comments which he made nine years ago on the Cauvery water dispute had no connection with the movie or its crew, the actor has finally apologised.
“I have got to know that what I had spoken during the Cauvery water crisis has created a lot of tension among the people of Karnataka. I am not against Kannadiga or Karnataka. The biggest example for this is that for the last 30 years, my assistant has been Shekar who is a kannadiga. I would like to apologise for the statement that I had made nine years back and would like to say that I am a small worker in Bahubali film and my comment should not affect the film. I appeal to Tamils to understand.”
For the uninitiated, actor Sathyaraj, who plays Katappa in the film had allegedly made a controversial speech – which had anti-Kannada statements – during the Cauvery row some time back which didn’t go down well with many. The protesters including Kannada Rakshana Vedike had declared on Wednesday that they’d stall the Bahubali press meet scheduled for Thursday. It has also been reported that they will also hold a rally against the film’s much-awaited release.
SS Rajamouli in a video statement had said, “Whatever Sathyaraj has said has no relation with the movie or its crew. The comments were made by Sathyaraj 9 years ago. Since then many of his movies have released, even Baahubali. I request all to support Baahubali 2 the way they did for part one. We have informed Sathyaraj about the situation. We have nothing to do with his comments.”