Cast: Allu Arjun, Samantha, Nithya Menen, Adah Sharma, Rajendra Prasad, Upendra, Sneha, Ali, Brahmanandam, .S.Narayana, Vennela Kishore, Rao Ramesh, Kota Srinivasa Rao, Sampath Raj, Pavitra Lokesh, Sindhu Tolani, Vishnuvardhan, Ajay, Chaitanya Krishna, Baby Vernika and others.
Banner: Haarika & Haasine Creations
Music: Devi Sri Prasad
Cinematography: Prasad Murella
Editor: Prawin Pudi
Producer: S. Radhakrishna
Director: Trivikram Srinivas
Viraj Aanand (Allu Arjun) an NRI and is the son of a millionaire Satyamurthy (Prakash Raj) who gives utmost importance to values and ethics in life. Viraj also gives great respect to his father and his values.
One day, the sudden death of Sathya Murthy in an accident leaves his family (wife Pavithra Lokesh, elder son Vennela Kishore, daughter-in-law Sindhu Tolani, younger son Allu Arjun) in a financially disturbed situation leaving many debts for re-payment.
So, Viraj finally takes the responsibility and clear the huge debts by giving away all his properties. On his return to India, Viraj gets an offer from his friend to do the work of a wedding planner for a high profile wedding. During the course of the wedding, he falls in love with Sameera (Samantha).
When Viraj goes to Sameera parents for asking her daughter, Sameera’s dad(Rajendra Prasad) throws an open challenge to Viraj in order to marry his daughter.
What is that challenge? How Viraj manages to win over this challenge? forms the rest of the story.
Cast Performances :
* Allu Arjun is growing in tons as an actor and is proving his mettle with every film. He gives a settled performance as Viraj and suited to the character perfectly. Besides his comic timing and dance moves, Allu Arjun also proved that he can actually get tears in your eyes too with this film.
* Samantha has given a decent performance as a diabetic patient and has particularly done well in all her comedy scenes with Allu Arjun. She also looked gorgeous in the songs.
* Kannada super star Upendra comes in second half and has done his role as with ease. He perfectly suited to his character and has shown all his experience. He was aptly supported by Sneha as his wife and it was good seeing Sneha with a different slang.
* Rajendra Prasad played a very important role in the film. He makes you laugh, think, hate and even cry with his exceptional portrayal of his character.
* Nithya Menen and Adah Sharma too were good in thier short and sweet roles. They aslo added up the glamour quotient in the songs.
* Ali played a full length character in this film and was fine in his role supporting Allu Arjun throught the film in the comedy scenes.
* Brahmanandam as usual is at his atmost best and his scenes will evoke the required laughter in the film.
* M.S.Narayana, Vennela Kishore also play their roles neatly to bring in comic relief to the film.
* Rest of the cast including Rao Ramesh, Kota Srinivasa Rao, Sampath Raj, Pavitra Lokesh, Sindhu Tolani, Vishnuvardhan, Ajay, Chaitanya Krishna, Baby Vernika and all the remaining artists have done thier parts pretty decently.
Technical Aspects :
* Devi Sri Prasad’s music is the backbone of this film. All the songs were aptly connected with the story and special credits to the lyric writers for some outstanding lyrics. Devi’s background score also was superb and elevates the film to a another level.
* As usual Trivikram’s dialogues and writing skills are a million dollar investment to this film. Certain dialogues which define human values have been written with a lot of depth. One cannot simply appreciate this talented writer for his immense writing abilities.
* Cinematography by Prasad Murella was another biggest asset of the film. The way he has shown Barcelona in the first song and rugged atmosphere of Tamil Nadu is worth mentioning.
* Ten on ten to director Trivikram for telling a simple story line with lot of values and emotions in the film. It his treatment of the routine story line which makes this film a decent entertainer. The way he has casted, handled and extracted the performaces from almost 42 senior artists is highly appreciable.
* Editing by Praveen Pudi was good as none of the scenes will bore you. Art Direction by Prakash and production values too were top notch.
Overall ‘S/O Satyamurthy’ is a decent entertainer and is worth your money with some lovely performances from the whole cast, superb dialogues, lively music and wonderful visuals. A perfect start for the hot summer form the star hero’s batch !!